2 December 2014

A celebration of herbs...

I love the delicate nature of herbs, their delicate and distinctive fragrance and versatility.


This embroidery is a celebration of herbs....


The intense perfumes of the wild herbs as we trod them underfoot made us feel almost drunk. ~Jacqueline du Pre

Walking through fields and meadows sooths the soul, I don't know about you but I get most of my inspiration when surrounded by long grasses and the soft rustle of leaves in the warm breeze. Ideas fall into place and for a short while, the world is as it should be....


This book by Venetia Stanley Smith is one of my most treasured.
My Sister just returned from Japan where Venetia lives and brought it as a gift.


For those of you who don't know Venetia, she has a show in Japan on NHK World called:
"At Home with Venetia in Kyoto"
where she talks about her herb garden and living organically.
Venetia's holistic lifestyle is truly inspiring and her program is relaxing and calming.

I will look after my herb friends resting in their pots and look forward to nurturing them next Spring.


Susannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment